Brainloop and The Association of Women Chartered Secretaries are pleased to invite you to a panel discussion: Board Effectiveness... what does this even mean? The event brings together leading directors, consultants and company secretaries to share with you various perspectives and approaches to Board Effectiveness.
The panel will discuss the evaluation process, options available, what has worked and what has not, blockages to board effectiveness and how company secretaries can add value to the process.
- Barry Gamble undertakes a number of board advisory and NED roles. As well as some confidential board advisory work these currently include being special advisor to Boudicca Proxy Consultants and Chairman of LSE AIM quoted LightwaveRF plc.
- Dr. Sabine Dembkowski is credited for having identified the seven hallmarks of effective Boards. She and her team created an innovative online tool that has taken Board Evaluations and Reviews to the next level. The foundations of her approach are peer-reviewed and published in the US, the UK and across Europe.
- Katie was awarded ICSA’s Governance Professional of the Year 2017 for her work as Company Secretary at the Pension Protection Fund where she built an award winning company secretarial team which were assessed by Independent Audit as being “Providing a level of service most FTSE 100s would envy”.
- Philip Mackie regularly facilitates Director discussions on the output of Board evaluations. He also presents on topical governance issues to audiences in the UK and overseas, most recently in Hong Kong, New York, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo.
- Seamus Gillen was former Policy Director at the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA), where he authored a number of influential publications, including ICSA’s guidance on 'Boardroom Behaviours', and the UK Financial Reporting Council's ‘Guidance on Boardroom Effectiveness’.
Date: Wednesday, 7 November 2018
Venue: Hays, 107 Cheapside, London, EC2V 6DB
Time: Registration from 6.00pm. The event will start promptly at 6.15pm and finish at 7.30pm followed by drinks, canapés and networking.
Contact: Anna Lonardo at email@example.com by Friday, 2 November 2018. Please be advised places are limited and we cannot guarantee that applications received will secure a place.
Cost: £20.00 for members and £25.00 for non-members and guests.
How to book: Please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.